Stolen: One Way Cool iPod

Dear Dee:
Someone on my bus stole my iPod and my parents think I traded it for something really cool. There is nothing in the world I would trade for such a marvelous item as that. What should I do?


Snap! That totally bites. From one iPod lover to another, I can't imagine anything worse than someone swiping my 60g iPod Video. It goes with me everywhere!

I'm sure you already reported the loss of your iPod to all the necessary people (bus driver, principal, etc.) but if not, do so right away. Also, rethink your steps from that day and make sure to retrace every place you were to make sure you just didn't misplace it.

If your iPod is indeed gone, I am sorry to say you more than likely won't get it back. But make sure your parents know how bad you feel about its loss and how much you hate that it happened. Let them know you learned your lesson and would be extra, extra, extra careful if they would agree to get you another. (Maybe you could do some chores?)

I am very sorry. I know it's a hard lesson to learn about the distrust and dishonesty of others, but now you know what it's like to have something precious taken from you. So it will help you be more careful in the future and have compassion on those you encounter who are experiencing something similar.

No comments: