Is This For Real?

Dear Dee:
My boyfriend made fun of me in front of the whole school. Then he stole my car. But I still love him and he says he loves me. My family does not know about him or my loss of the car.

Then he came to my house at midnight and threw a rock at my window and it shattered. I told my parents a bird did it. I love him so much and we are getting married in Hawaii in five months!

I really need my car back because my parents want me to take my sis places. How do I break the news to my family about my car and that we are getting married?


Honey, you've got to be kidding me, right? I mean, I almost read this email as a joke. I mean, it is seriously painful to think of you, a strong, beautiful girl, taking this crap from any guy.

So, of course you know what I'm gonna say, don't you? This guy isn't worth anything -- especially not worthy of you.

He embarrasses you in public, steals your car and then destroys your property by breaking a window in your home. (I deleted it from your question, but then he has the NERVE to ask to sleep in your room?) Yeah. LOSER.

Your problem isn't telling your parents he stole your car. Your problem is thinking it's OK for him to do these things to you and STILL staying with him. No way, sister. This isn't OK.

HE STOLE YOUR CAR. How's he gonna take you to Hawaii and marry you if he can't even afford to get his own car? And why would you want to marry a guy who steals from his girlfriend, treats you like crud in front of your peers AND destroys your property? He obviously doesn't respect you, your property or your family.

Please wise up on this. He's taking advantage of you and your feelings. Don't let him do it. I know you care for him, but he's not good for you.

No comments: