Is My Mom Cheating On My Dad?

Dear Dee:
My mom doesn't tell my dad she loves him anymore. They fight at times. But that's not the problem. The main thing I'm worried about is she texts a guy from her work 24/7 and she doesn't wear her wedding ring anymore!

Does this mean she's cheating? What do I do?


This does not mean your mom is cheating with this guy at work. But I can't say she's most definitely not, either. It sounds like your mom is unhappy right now and is looking for ways to fix that -- instead of facing it head on and working through it with your dad. Now we don't know the particulars of what's going on between them. So the first thing to remember is not to judge or jump to conclusions.

Just remember she is in charge of her choices and what she's doing. Whatever is going on is not your fault. And I believe you have every single right to ask her what's happening. This is your family at stake here. Also, you asking her about her behavior might just be the jolt of reality she needs to realize her actions have consequences and what she does affects others besides just her.

I do hope your parents can work through this. Remember all marriages go through some rough spots and this could just be one of those. But if it's not, make sure you talk to someone you trust about how you feel about what's happening and don't keep it bottled up. You'll get through this.

No comments: